Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Refinishing/repairing the deck

The deck has been getting pretty nasty.  We decided it was time to clean and re-coat it.  I started with a deck cleaner that did a pretty good job killing the mildew.  After it was soaked we took the pressure washer to it to clean the rest off.  The area under the roof still had a good coating on it so I had to use some stripper under the overhang to remove the old coat of stain.  The top board of the railings is going to need to be replaced from cupping and splintering, along with 10 of the deck boards.  We started staining this weekend and I am almost done with the decking now.  Here are some pictures, courtesy of Logan and Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment