Sunday, February 16, 2014

Glove repair

The temperature tomorrow is to be in the high sixties.  That means it is time to do a hive inspection.  For Christmas I got a real bee suit and gloves.  It's a great suit and the gloves go all the way past my elbows.  However, after I was in the hive a few weeks ago I noticed a slight but crucial problem.
The sewing machine dropped it's thread or something and I had a nice gaping hole.  
 A quick turn inside-out and I could see that the holes from the machine were there but no thread.

Luckily, Danielle had some thread in her sewing box.  

The holes were already there and I didn't know if our sewing machine could sew through leather.  I decided to just line the holes up and push the needle through the holes their machine made.  About fifteen minutes with the needle and.........

Good as new!

No comments:

Post a Comment